Saturday, November 27, 2010

ShadowSun Part 2

I really like ShadowSun as a commander.

However in army building she's a conflict.

Her Dual Fusion Blaster need her to be up close and personal with the melta. She can kill tanks, etc.

Her command and control node means she needs to be near (within 18 inches) other units to Inspire them. Tau have range. If my Crisis Suits are within 18 inches of a transport I've been struck in the head repeatedly. With 36 inches of firing arc, my suits should be far away. If my troops are within 18, they will all be dead soon.

Lets say ShadowSun is 5.9 inches away, at max Melta range. The Marines are getting out towards her. They'll fire, then assault in and then start moving towards the Troops.

Also, ShadowSun can't join another unit unless her Drones die.

An up close unit with a unit booster that can't join a unit unless her drones die. She's got a lot of good going on, but the grab bag of powers doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sigh. I really wanted her to be playable.

No comments:

Post a Comment