Sunday, July 29, 2012

Farsights' Revenge: Today's Experiment

Got in a game against Chris from Edge of Dawn today.
I tried out my Suicide Ethereal. 

Wow, it's pure cheese.  And much like cheese delicious!

It was hammer and anvil which is a boon to the Tau to start with.

I deployed all my FW teams in 4 deep gun line due to terrain with ShadowSun hiding in the back.
Put the Ethereal in the front.

Scotti was too smart to shoot him as he knew something was up.

Scotti went first and on my turn I assaulted one of his Marine Squads with the Ethereal who was immediately overwatched back to the greater good.

C-C-C-COMBO!

All my units make the save off ShadowSun and gain preferred enemy.

Used the Pathfinders to bump up the BS and then rerolled ones.
Not a lot of misses with Strength 5 weapons and rerollable 1s.

The Terminators he fielded were hard to take out but the Suicide Ethereal was priceless.

Can't wait for the next match!

3 comments:

  1. Great match John. I definitely was not prepared for that combo. That many shots was crazy with preferred enemy. With the Hammer and Anvil deployment, I just couldn't get enough bodies close, fast enough. It was too bad, because I had to the tools available in my list to make up for it and didn't use them properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Storm Raven, what's it's transport capability? Couldn't it deposit an assault squad up close and personal?

      Delete
  2. It can, but I wanted to get it in as a flyer for the whole game to get a handle on the rules, so purposefully left it empty. I should have reserved everything and just gone with deep strike. I've tailored the list a bit to account for this. Having nothing on the board for your first shooting phase would have gone better, and deep striking up close would also have saved me another turn of moving across that stupid long board!

    Oh and check over at EoD Blog for some pics of your librarian, finished yesterday!

    ReplyDelete