Saturday, January 19, 2013

Battlegrounds 500 Batrep


This was one of the best tournaments I played in as skill is more important at low levels and it didn't last 12 hours!

Recap: Tabled 3 Opponents.  Got tabled once


Grats to Ben on his victory!
Today was awesome.

Game 1: 21 Minutes

Vic’s Tau
Deployment: Hammer/Anvil with me going first and taking the high ground and 5 objectives

You know it’s going to be an easy match when I correct my opponent’s illegal list and help make it better.
His list: 6 Firewarriors, 1 Hammerhead, Kroot, 2 man team of C. Suits with 2 drones, 1 suicide suit

Turn 1:  Move up the Razorbacks to get line of fire on the drones, Split fire off the lascannons dropping the templates on the Kroot and removing the Hammerhead quickly.
Inflict 18 wounds on the Kroot but he makes enough cover saves to have some Kroot left.
Kill the two drones.

Leadership time, of which the Tau are legendary and now is no exception!  
The Suits fail and flee off the board.
The Kroot run 11 inches to safety off the board.

His suit shows up, scatters, melta shots my Razor, misses and then get 3 inches in assault away.
I disembark 1 troop on to an objective and they open up on the suit who explodes.

The Heavy Weapons finish off the firewarriors.

Vic went on to get 1st in the 3rd bracket.  I then told him my philosophy on the Tau in 6e.  He took notes.

Game 2: Chaos Marines 12 inch deployment, 2 objectives.
2 Squads of Cultists, 1 Squad of Obliterators, 1 Hell Drake.

We trade fire with my missiles pound the cultist removing one squad completely by turn two.
His obliterators take out my Razors on turn 2.  And get assaulted by the Obliterators on Turn 3
I park my remaining Razor back with the back armor directly against terrain.

Turn 3 the Drake shows up.  If it had arrived turn 2, completely different story.
Turn 3, it toasts on of my Long Fang squads.
Turn 4 it takes out the top rank of the other squad leaving a missile launcher and lascannon on the bottom.
Turn 4, Assault with the obliterator finally ends and my 1 remaining Grey hunter flees right on to the objective.  More cultists are gun down.
Turn 5
The Drake vectors and flames my Razor.  The Razor survived!  This wins the game.
I put a Lascannon up it’s back side and it dies.  My Razorback heavy bolters down the last Obliterator and with 3 Cultists left on the board he concedes.  This was the tightest match of the day.

Game 3: 
It happened.  

Game 4
Tyranids
List: Pooper, the Flyer, 11 Termegants.
I deployed like shit with my Long Fangs.  I deserved to lose this game and I did.  It was the Tyranid Flyer and the one that poops Termegants.  I only lost by 100 victory points as the Termegants I set on fire counted double.  As plucky as the Space Marines were, I got tabled.

Game 5  12 inch deploy, 3 objectives
Chaos
This was the most balanced match of the day.  He had a Razorback with 7 dudes, a Champion with a Plasma Gun, Cultists, Dread-Rifleman, A Terminator HQ.

Turn 1, I immobilize his Dreadnought and take the Havoc Launcher off the Razorback while sniping Cultists.

Synopsis.  I sneak my Razorback around, set fire to all the cultists while my heavy weapons take out his Chaos Marines.  My Long Fangs and his Dread exchange fire for 5 rounds until I glance it to death.
With my Razorback in his backfield holding the objective safe from all fire table him.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the props!

    I won the 3rd bracket, not Vic. He must have placed in the 2nd bracket, which is more impressive.

    ReplyDelete