Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tau 40K: Why I Won

Here's why I won (aside from the cover in Ruins) with the lessons to learn from it.

1) It was a 2000 point tourney.  Everyone else brought 1999+1 lists.  I showed up with 12 troops and double force org.  Build your list to the tournament.

2) No one had ever seen Tau and had no idea about what an Ethereal did.  Because really, who plays Tau?  It's a suck-ass Codex right?  Everyone not Bill focused on my troop not my HQs, Broadsides or Pathfinders.  They know troops equal victory with so many objectives.  However, when I have 100 troops, that's a lot of fire to devote to them to try to take them out.  Also, everyone fell for the Suicide Ethereal.  When the comments of "Whoa, he must be good in melee if you're charging with him."  I'm not giving away my battle plan, my answers were an honest,"He's one of my best melee units in the codex."  Which is a true statement.  You don't know the rules for something ask to see the Codex.

3) In the 3rd match I won primary by 1 point.  I read the mission and was happy to grab the 2 objectives that were worth more points.  I definitely attacked the one in the center which my opponent went for, but that was worth one point.  By his latching on to it and not focusing on the nearer higher points one, he obviously hadn't read it completely.  Always read the missions carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment