Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tau Vs Chaos: 1500 Point Rumble

Thursday I played Frosty's Chaos Marines @ 1500 points with my Blind-Folded Ethereal List.

He's packing a Land Raider, a Demon Prince, Beserkers, Defiler and Troops.

It's 12 inch deployment and 5 objectives.

I deploy first but he steals the initiative.

I've a gun line centered out from ShadowSun with FW wraps around my Broadside teams and the Kroot as close forward as I can put them.

Here's the interesting part:
Frosty knows I want the Ethereal dead to bolster my army and he's doing everything he can to avoid it.
This is actually better than killing the Ethereal as it creates a 12 in bubble around him.

At one point I moved the Ethereal to get in the way of the Landraider Tiamen Square Style.  Instead of Tank Shocking which would be awesome, Frosty run the LR into difficult terrain causing some deployment issues.  At lot of time was spent in avoidance.  The Ethereal lasted till turn 3.

Turn 1, The Defiler unloads on the Kroot as does everything else killing 10 and they fall back.
It's solid plan to take out my only Close Combat Capable Troops to get the beserkers into melee with the squishy fire warriors.

Broadside take out the Defiler, I Marker light the Prince and Dakka it down.

Turn 2+ it's shooting vs advancing Beserkers.

Summary, he got a great assault in with his Termies vs my left wing of Broadsides and was able to hide his troops on a rear objective but the shear volume of fire whittled down his forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment